Newest Entries
Older Entries
Contact Me

Get your own diary at! contact me older entries newest entry Favorite Blogs...
The Bleat
Spike on the River
Neal in Antarctica
Leah's Blog
CamiSue's Blog

Other Links...
Play a game?
CNN News
Trekky Spot
< ? Colorado Blogs # >

previous - next

December 24, 2004 - Friday, 10:12 p.m.

Christmas Eve

No work today. Hooray!! I have off through January 2nd. I can’t recall a ‘shutdown’ that my area was involved in. This is great!! It stayed snowy today, even though the sun came out. It was a nice day. It didn’t get too warm, but the sun really helped to melt the snow off the sidewalk and driveway. I shoveled today, and the sun melted what I couldn’t shovel away.

Mao has disappeared. I went to the Humane Society and the City Pound today. He wasn’t at either place. I am worried that something has happened to him. The Ma cat is still around, and Stubby won’t come in the house any more. She and Ma sleep in the garage most nights. Halfie stays in the house most of the time, she’ll go out, but she doesn’t like the cold. The grandma cat, Shizy is gone too. It hasn’t been a good winter for the cats. I liked Mao… but then I liked Hunter a lot too. I am sad to have lost them both. I’m down to just the one inside cat now.

I was up pretty early this morning, headed out to Walmart and then Target. I went and got a nail fixed and then to look for Mao. About the time I got home the kids were getting ready to head out to visit Gary’s parents for the afternoon. I cleaned the living room, and worked on the laundry. I watched “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”. It was a good movie. Very hard to follow at first, but then just really an interesting story line. I started to watch “Groundhog Day”, but Moon and Justin got home just shortly into the movie. I restarted the movie and Justin went to bed. Moon and I watched it, and Phil joined us about ½ hour into it. It had been a long time since I last saw that movie. I enjoyed it again.

Yesterday I gave Mark a call, just as I headed home from work. He was still working. I just let him know that if there was anything that I could do for him, to let me know. He said he was getting used to doing things by himself. I said, nonetheless it is nice to have help sometimes. Told him I’d be around all weekend. He asked if I was going to be at work on Friday, and I said no. He said he’d talk to me soon. I guess if he is going to call it should be on Sunday some time. We’ll see if he does. I’m not holding my breath. I was glad I called, no matter what comes (or doesn’t come) of it. Sunday I’ll go out and look at tile, hopefully will be able to pick some out and buy it as well. I still need to measure everything and figure out what I need, perhaps tomorrow.

It’s still early, but I am tired. Hope to make some progress on the laundry room tomorrow. All I really accomplished today was making a big dent in the laundry. I don’t plan to head up to Char’s for dinner until about 2 pm. People got together tonight up at Mom and Dad’s, Lynn arrived with the kids today. I could have joined them for dinner, but really felt more like hanging out at home, alone.

Sweet dreams. M.

0 comments so far

about me - read my profile! read other DiaryLand diaries! recommend my diary to a friend! Get your own fun + free diary at!